Sunday, April 5, 2009

Only in Costa Rica

A few random/entertaining things that occurred in the past couple weeks:

Last Tuesday a chicken showed up near the picnic table in the employee area. Apparently, Pelon one of the gardeners had too many so he brought it to share. The next morning I went to take a picture of it and it was gone. Guess that’s one solution to not having only rice & beans for dinner!

Besides the occasionally walking through poison ivy (ok every summer) and then immediately needing a steroid shot in the butt I’ve never been allergic to anything. However, here my body is constantly covered in bites, rashes and burns. Last week I was lying in bed when I felt a beetle in my shirt. All of a sudden this intense burning sensation was on my back. I ran to the bathroom and it looked like someone had set a curling iron on my back. A week later after asking around I learned it was a beetle that peed on me which caused the burn! I also got bit by an ant a few weeks ago and my arm started bleeding and swelled up. Oh the wonders of living in the jungle. Thankfully…no snake bites!

Celebrities were in the Osa this week. Reece Witherspoon and Jake Gellinghoff stayed at Lapa Rios right next door last week. Other famous people included Sara Lee (the baked goods) and the CEO of Puma. Last Thursday, Jake stopped by to check out Casa Miramar our best house here at Bosque with 3 bedrooms and an enormous deck overlooking the Pacific. Unfortunately, they decided not to come L But apparently Brad and Angelina tried to rent out all of Bosque last December so who knows like who I’ll see in the near future J

Last but not least, this morning I had to help “lead” the pet wild pig back to its pen because it had escaped. We ended up using a banana to entice it back to its home. Once Chancha (the pig) smelled that fruit he went skipping back home. Boy did that bring back memories to my 4-H days.

No comments:

Post a Comment