As many of you know, I’m an extremely scheduled and impatient person that despises unreliable/dirty public transportation which is why I refuse to take the bus through Chinatown. Costa Rica is a great test of both my patience and my germaphobia issues. This morning I wanted to go to town as I have been at the lodge for 2 weeks now and have not had the opportunity to call home. Town is a 45 minute to an hour drive away, yet the locals make catching a ride sound like “a no brainer”. I can tell you that is not the case. After being misinformed about my transfer ride at 7 AM, I was planning to catch the Collectivo at the main road which is a 1 mile walk from Bosque. I was told it arrives between 9 and 9:30 but get their early because this time of the year the roads are “good”. After waiting and reading patiently for 45 minutes it arrived and I survived.
The pictures above are of the Collectivo. Basically it’s a big blue truck that they pile a bunch of people in. An hour later I arrived in town covered head to toe in dust but it was actually pretty fun. I met some other tourists and didn’t get car sick which a major plus. Internet in town is still extremely spotty for Skype usage but an upgrade from the lodge. So now you all should have a better understanding on my lack of pictures/phone calls!
Pictures: Holding on for dear life on the bumpy road. Cattle taking over the one lane road. Picture of main street Puerto Jimenez.
The pictures above are of the Collectivo. Basically it’s a big blue truck that they pile a bunch of people in. An hour later I arrived in town covered head to toe in dust but it was actually pretty fun. I met some other tourists and didn’t get car sick which a major plus. Internet in town is still extremely spotty for Skype usage but an upgrade from the lodge. So now you all should have a better understanding on my lack of pictures/phone calls!
Pictures: Holding on for dear life on the bumpy road. Cattle taking over the one lane road. Picture of main street Puerto Jimenez.
No comments:
Post a Comment