If you remember the first piece of advice that I received about living in Costa Rica was to become Ticafied. My development in this like my Spanish language has been a very gradual progress.
The Ticafication in dressing and dancing needs some improvement. I spent Wednesday in Puerto Jimenez to make some calls home and get some snacks. Later in the evening I met up with some coworkers at an open air Spanish dance club. The music was great, the crowd was huge and the DJ’s were totally pumping up all the hot Costa Rican guys and girls. Helen and Molly you would have LOVED this place and the whole time I was wishing you were with me! In the middle of the crowd stood Miss Midwest Mandy dressed in her Gap khaki Bermuda shorts and preppy (not sexy) blue tube top with an Overland bag slung across my body. I was also bright red from a sunburn although I don’t understand how I even became burnt given I’ve been tan the last 2 months. I just felt so out of place compared to the scandalist dressed girls trying to capture ANY boys attention. Like many clubs I think the goal of 95% of the party goers was to hookup by the end of the night…or that’s what I gathered by the clothes/dance moves. In addition to my appearance my dance moves were a bit more conservative than the Ticas. My butt just can’t get as “low low low” the way those girls could!!! I definitely got cheated on the dance genes. As I write this I’m sure “little Pakes” is at some hostel club tearing it up on her spring break in New Zealand!
I felt a little better today about my Ticafication. As I was walking on the beach this morning, this really nice girl from San Jose, CR invited me to party with her friends on the beach for Holy Friday. Unfortunately, it’s an hour walk each way through the rainforest to their campsite so I’m going to have to pass!
I’ll continue to give progress updates on this! Sorry I have no pics from the bar…I was trying to detract attention from myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment