Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sydney

Just spending 4 days in Sydney it climbed in my list of my favorite cities. Tons of open air restaurants, amazing views, beaches galore, great shopping, easy transportation and the cute friendly Aussie's what's not to like?! The first day, I spent with Duncan who was a great host driving me over the Harbor Bridge and taking me to Bondi Beach where he was amused by my ocean swimming skills or lack there of. Clearly Mom should have never allowed me to quit swim lessons in the 5th grade and still hadn't passed the 3rd grade level. My first night in Sydney I spent watching the Chinese New Year Parade (thanks Leslie for suggestion) and grabbing dinner at Darling Harbour where fireworks were shot off over the water to celebrate the Chinese New Year. Monday I woke up and spent an hour running through the Botanical Gardens, Hyde Park and the Opera House. The spent the rest of the day near the "Rocks" and walked over the Harbour Bridge.

Tuesday Megan arrived in a furry with a 58lb suitcase, travel backpack, and school backpack drenched in sweat exclaiming "I've been wandering around for 10 minutes!!" Meanwhile I had been reading my Time Magazine and responded "oh that's all". For my sake and hers it's lucky she found me because that would have really sucked to lost my little sis her first day out of the country. After settling in for the day we took a short ferry ride across the harbor to Manly beach. We spend the afternoon at the beach until I got activity ADD (as my roomies know...it doesn't take much). So I suggested an easy bike ride to a national park. Poor Megs, unlike Abby who has too long of legs to ride a bike, Megs legs were too short for her to properly ride an adult bike. We made it through the ride which was gorgeous views of Sydney but Megs isn't getting on an adult bike anytime too soon.

Wednesday we enjoyed the last of our sunshine days at Coggee and Bondi Beach before heading to the North Queensland area with cyclones/heavy rains/winds heading our way. Thus far we have stayed safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment