Well some people get picked up in a Lincoln Towncar from the airport, I get picked up by the Cowboy Dan in a 1 ton dually Chevy Truck and then swing by to pick up the horse trailer and three horses in Kettle Moraine before heading home. Honestly, I’m surprised this truck even fit in the parking garage. Speaking of vehicles, my family had 4 and after a chain of emails politely prodding to borrow just one car for the summer they agreed to after purchasing the fifth. Having come from Costa Rica where very few families even own one car I thought the whole situation was just absurd. Now the fifth purchase is a 1982 White Caddie, she still rides like a beauty and even has power locks and windows but by golly if you try to put the seat back it just might fall off the hinges. Well, since the Princess mobile (Megs car) didn’t start the first few days and I’m not allowed to drive the truck, my vehicle was the Caddie. Just imagine me driving this beast around E-town. I would catch people at stoplights just staring at me like I was some freak and then I’d start laughing because I thought it was hilarious.
Every time I go home it really is a humbling experience. It’s good to go back to the roots and just ponder how far I came from the little girl showing pigs at the 4-H fair. Poor Duncan, who was in town got to enjoy these 1990 videos of the Pakes family pig showing and my “style review” competition in which I sewed and modeled a one piece jumpsuit at the age of 9. I wonder if that could get me a hired at the Gap? With Duncan in town for a few days I had him tour my Uncle’s dairy farm, Madison, and even brought him to Wando’s for $1 PBR and free bacon, yes fellow alums it still exists!
The best part of the week was hanging out in Madison with Abs and Colleen. As well as hiking Devils Lake my favorite state park in Wisconsin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment