Heading back to San Francisco was a bitter sweet as I was not quite ready to leave Costa Rica and pretty depressed when I stepped into the SJO airport. However, as I walked through the doors of 1612 Hyde I immediately felt at home. I was so ecstatic to see my long lost SF friends after being in a jungle. The first day I was almost overwhelmed by all you peeps, my ears were clogged from the combo of surfing + flying and then to be in a garage with my 7 chatty girls plus Dulan and Eli it was a bit of sensory overload. By Friday I had totally recovered and it was so fun hanging out with crew at the bonfire for Robyn and Jordan’s wedding celebration weekend.
After a fun wedding celebration, I began to ponder if at the age of 27 I hadn’t learned my lesson about drinking would I ever?! Being sober in a rainforest for a few months and then returning to my crazy friends in wino land with a few shots thrown in there could only result in disaster i.e puking in Dulan’s backyard (so sorry!!). The next day I was at least in misery with the rest of the girls, our activity for the day involved walking to Za for pizza. By 3 PM I was feeling incredibly lazy and reassured myself the only way to cure this hangover would be brisk walk across the Golden Gate. As I stepped outside the apartment I began dry heaving along the sidewalk directly in front of my neighbors car, mortified on being called out by him, I jumped into Becca’s car with the intention to go forward with this walk idea. Not 5 minutes later I was doing everying in my power to not get sick and begged Becca to pull over at Silver Clouds because I knew where the bathroom was and after our New Years Eve party there I knew I wouldn’t be the first to puke in their bathroom. Once I did my business there I actually felt much better, and I’ve been a cautious drinker since. I’m hoping this will be a good enough drinking lesson to last me through year!
Needless to say the rest of the weekend was great with a Monday hike to Mt. Diablo and a Tuesday night family dinner. The 5 days in SF was not nearly enough, but it was a great reminder that California is my home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment